Dear Patients of Sweet Family Chiropractic:
As a physician office, we understand and share our patients’ concerns about the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, the first to be caused by coronavirus. The WHO director said hope remains that COVID-19 can be curtailed, if actions are taken to curtail the disease.
As the status of the outbreak is rapidly evolving, we want to let our patients know what steps we are taking to address the situation in the office now, as well as what we recommend for our patients outside of the office. This information is based on the most current updates from the World Health Organization, the CDC, the Wisconsin Department of Public Health, and other official sources.
The office always follows standard protocols for cleaning hard surfaces, especially patient contact surfaces. At this time, we are wiping down and disinfecting all patient contact surfaces after each patient contact. For other hard surfaces in patient exam areas (counters, floors, etc) we are disinfecting surfaces a minimum of twice per day.
In addition to our cleaning procedures following every patient visit, at the end of each day thoroughly disinfecting all hard surfaces, including door handles, drawer pulls, etc.; vacuuming soft surfaces, etc. Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected a minimum of twice daily. We will continue to monitor updated information and will maintain cleaning protocols as recommended by health care officials.
We also share concern for our patients while they are out of the office. The CDC has recommended the following everyday preventive actions to keep yourself and your family healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get plenty of rest. It is recommended that you get 8 hours per night of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water. This equates to half your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 100 pounds = 50 ounces of water necessary per day for proper body functioning.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet (minimizing sugar intake). Sugar decreases your immune function drastically, so when we are trying to ward off germs, this is detrimental to proper functioning.
- Take your vitamins. The following are all great to boost immune function – Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and PROBIOTICS! Make sure any supplements you are taking are GMP certified to ensure your body can use and absorb them.
- Exercise! Preferably getting outside in the fresh air. Getting your body moving and heart pumping is not only good for your physical health, it is helpful for your mental health during times like these.
- Essential Oils… On Guard (Immune support), Breathe (Respiratory support) are both extremely helpful during cold and flu season.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Stay informed. CDC’s COVID-19 Situation Summary will be updated regularly as information becomes available.
We at Sweet Family Chiropractic promote prevention so in addition to the above referenced items we recommend the following to help boost your health and immune system.
Additionally, we are temporarily closing on Fridays. Our hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday will remain the same. Please feel free to call us at (414)855-3870 if you have questions about our office procedures as we work together to get through these challenging times.
Dr. Heather Sweet and the Staff and Sweet Family Chiropractic